The Yachtmaster Offshore Theory Course is ideal for candidates for the Coastal Skipper practical course & Yachmaster Offshore exam. Some revision of the Day Skipper shorebased course plus more advanced skills in offshore & coastal navigation by day & night, pilotage & meteorology.
- Position fixing, course shaping and plotting, tidal knowledge, use of almanacs and admiralty publications, electronic position finding equipment, taking and interpreting forecasts, plotting weather systems, weather predictions using a barometer.
Ability after course:
- Background knowledge to skipper a yacht on coastal passages by day & night.
- Knowledge to the level of Day Skipper Shorebased.
- 40 hours plus exam time. We normally run this course over six days Monday - Saturday.
RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Shorebased
- Product Code: RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Shorebased
- Availability: In Stock