This course is approved by the MCA
Course Content.Consider the theory of lifting and moving weights already aboard and loading and discharging loads from a quay or another vessel or a structure. The considerations of safe operation of a crane or derrick and the different types of lifting devices (derricks, fixed foundation knuckle cranes, travelling cranes on a transversal beam and fixed position lifting gilsons on fishing vessels.
Preparing a plan for making a lift and a risk assessment for the lift.
Consideration of the dangers of cranework at sea in rough conditions or when there is a swell.
• Lifting Equipment and Lifting Operations Regulations
• The purpose of Risk Assessments and how to use them
• The Permit to Work System
• Documentation and regulations that apply to lifting activities
• Planning lifting activities
• Hazards associated with lifting operations and the appropriate control measures
• The roles and duties of personnel in a lifting crew
• The basic principles of crane operations
• Common lifting appliances and lifting accessories and their safe use
• The Nine Point Lifting Plan
• Recognised Hand Signals
MCA Approved Deck Crane & Safe Lifting Course (1 day)
- Product Code: Deck Crane (1 day)
- Availability: In Stock
Tags: Deck Crane,